Saturday, January 22, 2011

the ok's of marriage

One of the things about marriage that we, both parties sometimes have to understand….everything doesn’t have to be an argument, discussion, disagreement. More importantly, you don’t always have to be right. That’s where a lot of things go very different.

Here’s a small portion of my testimony:

I strongly dislike being wrong. I really find that in most cases, I’m right. This is typically a false truth in my life, but it was how I though myself to be. It wasn’t because I had a degree, or that I’ve been through some things, I just knew I was right about most things I talked about. If I thought that I was wrong, in most cases, I became an observer of the situation.

I know I’m not the only one that thinks this way, but I’m probably one of the more honest people about things like this who can admit that I’m wrong a lot more that I’m right. In marriage, this is the same thing. Most ladies believe that they are always right, even when you can prove that they’re wrong. Some women are more honest and say that they can admit that they are wrong when they are.

In this life long commitment we call marriage, when the woman’s right…she’s right. But when she’s wrong…..she’s right. This is where two letters can solve a disagreement where you’re either right or wrong….”ok”.

Those two letters can be the difference between sleeping on the couch because you want to and sleeping on the couch because she beat you to the bedroom, put your pillows and the spare cover on the chair or edge of the bed, and is already stretched out with that “you bet’ not try to get in this bed while I’m sleep” look stuck on her face.

You have to know when to say ok. Learn to let things slide because no matter who’s right, in most cases, you’re wrong. She cares about being right and you just want her to shut up, so ok, is a major word that can keep the peace and even give you some added benefits to the marriage, like….silence for more than usual.

So it’s ok to be wrong and it’s even more ok, to just say it and mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment